Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Swim Meet & lots of random thoughts

Well, tonight was Emily's 1st swim meet of the season. Technically, the 1st one was last Monday, but it got rained out. It's been rescheduled for this Saturday, so...not sure if we will go to the temple in the morning or attend a swim meet...Kimberly was soooooo gracious to offer to do a make-up babysitting day on Sat. since Jared got sick last time we were supposed to go.

I loved seeing what a good friend Emily was to Zoe tonight. Em and Jared probably ate about 1/4 of the huge watermelon that Zoe's dad brought to share with everyone. Jared kept giving the cutest smiles with watermelon juice dripping down his chin. Too bad I didn't get a pic! It's kind of fun not being super competitive about the swim team... Em's 1st ribbon of the night was purple (my favorite color), for participation, meaning someone"DQ'd" (disqualified). Then she got a yellow, and we were thinking of what color would look nice with those, and I suggested green. Before the night was over, Em had a green ribbon, as well as a red (second place)!

Is it possible to feel completely alone in a crowd of hundreds of noisy people? That's kind of how I felt tonight. I arrived at the meet 3 hours after Em, who rode with Zoe. I was there for 4 hours, which was plenty for me. Makes for a long Monday night if you don't have a BFF to talk & laugh with for hours. (Matthew had to work late, and Lisa had to study. I know I have Jared, but it would be nice to talk with someone my own age!) Maybe next time I will be on the look-out for another mom who looks as alone as I feel!

Lately, I've been thinking that I try too hard to impress the wrong people. I care so much about what certain people think of me... I tend to overlook a lot of other people who would probably be happy to talk with me or be a friend. I will try to work on this!!

So happy to get a call from one of my BFFs, Dabber Doo, at the end of the swim meet. I didn't get to find out if she's coming to visit next month, because my phone kept dropping the calls. I didn't get a chance to wish Krissy a happy bday, but she was in my thoughts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment