Thursday, June 23, 2011

38 Toe nails

Ha! I beat Emily to the computer! Most mornings when I wake up, she's already on Webkinz, doing her daily KinzCare. I realize my last several posts have been really dreary, but this morning, I thought of a few upbeat things to write about!

I've been thinking of a few new names for my blog. While I still love peanut M&M's, I think my ultimate favorite now is dark chocolate Kit Kats, followed closely by dark chocolate Reese's cups. My chocolate obsession (along with the pounds) has grown steadily over the past few years.

The other name I've been considering for the blog is "38 Toe nails"! There's a blog I really like called 71 Toes, about a family whose little girl was born with an extra toe. Well, I've recently had my 2 big toe nails permanently removed, so our family now officially has 38 Toe nails!

I love seeing how confident Jared is! The other night, he strode over to the dog's water bowl, picked it up and took a big sip, then set it down and walked away, like it was the most natural thing in the world!

I thought it was interesting that the 2 "kid's cereals" that we bought last night were Bran Flakes and Rice Krispies. We've been having a lot of cereal & toast for breakfast, and I asked Em if there was a cereal she'd like me to get for her. She chose Rice Krispies! And Jared has really been enjoying Raisin Bran lately, but I have to pick out every single raisin before he'll eat it. I'll carefully sift the bran flakes through my fingers, and he'll freak out if a raisin falls in the bowl! I just figured Bran Flakes might make things a little easier.

I just set a new goal: (following the missionary commitment pattern) "Will you learn to post pictures on your blog this summer...without any help from Matthew?" Yes, I will! I'd like to post some Before & After shots of the house. Last week, with lots of help (and butting heads) from Emily, we got the whole house semi-clean & semi-organized (with the exception of my room)! Kimberly (and her daughter Leslie) came over to watch the kids so Matthew & I could go to the temple (1st time in forever!) So, knowing they were coming gave us a big push to clean up!!

Our dining room table is currently covered with brown lunch bags. Each one contains 2 crayons, 4 coloring pages, and 2 mini fruit roll-ups. I'm planning to tie them with a cute ribbon, and glue a piece of cardstock on the front with the words "I Will Share." I have the Nursery lesson this Sunday, and many times, I'll tweak the hand-out to make it a little more cute & fun.

One last note... I'm really looking forward to our trip to Brenham tomorrow! We are going to tour the Blue Bell ice cream factory! But the best part is, we're going to meet Jen, her daughter Kadessa, mom Judy, and maybe Victoria? (good friends from Ohio...haven't seen Jen since my wedding reception!!) Judy & Herb live in Round Rock now, so we're going to meet in the middle (sort of...it's a bit longer drive for them...)

I'll write (and hopefully add pictures) soon!

Love,
Megan

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your posts, Megs! Good luck with your goal to learn how to post pictures. You can do it! I'm looking forward to seeing the before and after pics. Say hello to Victoria for me. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete