Tuesday, June 14, 2011

not OATy enough

I thought of an acronym for what went wrong when I was teaching (among many other issues):
I wasn't OATy enough!

I wasn't O-organized (couldn't keep up with all of the lesson planning, grading, etc.).
(I still have a really hard time keeping up with paperwork at home!!!)

I didn't
spend
lots of
time
on my A-appearance (you have to look a certain way to be accepted at the school).
(This hasn't changed...I'm still a fun bun gal with no makeup!)
And I
didn't
have
a T-thick skin (wanted everyone to like me, tried too hard to please the wrong people,
couldn't handle mean, scary people, etc.)
( still don't enjoy criticism or dirty looks...)

I did put everything I had into that job, and did everything that was expected, tried to follow all the rules...On top of everything else, I was completely exhausted...and then there were mean people that were impossible to please, & no matter what happened, their kids were perfect & it was "my fault"...Ridiculous!!! I was not mean to those kids, and did not pick on anyone. I was being picked on by the parents, and could not give their kids any consequences-it was a no win situation... (most of the parents were really good, just a couple of raunchy ones...)

Besides all of that, I still feel that I am a good teacher, and still love to teach! I would love to one day teach a few art classes, but first, would like to take some classes & develop my skills (writing & illustrating books would be AMAZING!!!)

maybe one day... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment