Friday, January 27, 2012

Overheard this week...

Jared:
No me happy. No me big.
(We had taken some pain medicine and Orajel to Emily at the school clinic after she got her new braces put on, and Jared wanted to go back to her classroom with her. I told him he could go to school when he got bigger.)

Me fight monsters. (while splashing and thrashing around in the tub)

Emily:
{Mortified silence while ducking her head} (meaning, "WHAT are you doing in my classroom?")
(I was tutoring today & I showed a little girl a picture of Emily from 1st grade, and she said how pretty Emily was, and how she loved her outfit [a zebra print top and leggings...super cute in 1st grade, but not really Em's style anymore.] I mistakenly thought Emily would enjoy having me share this comment with her, but that look said it all. They were working in groups on the floor when I entered the classroom, so I didn't feel like I was making THAT much of a scene, but after that not-so-warm welcome, I kind of left with my tail between my legs!)

about 20 minutes later...
Emily's teacher to me in the hallway (totally serious):
A perfect angel. You have a perfect angel.

Me: Thank you!
(She really is a perfect angel at school.)

Teacher:
No, thank YOU. There aren't many moms like you.

Me: *beaming inside*

(I think I could live off of a compliment like that for at least a week, maybe longer.)

No comments:

Post a Comment