Monday, January 30, 2012

Gag me with a spoon!

I have finally set up an appointment to have my barium swallow procedure done!

In preparation, I looked online to see what people have said about the taste of the "barium meal" that I am about to enjoy!

this is a sampling of what I found:

"Sort of a combination of chalk and Elmer's glue."

"It literally feels like you are swallowing pulverized metal in a thick, gooey artificially fruity flavored matrix.It's not so disgusting that I wanted or needed to throw up. On a nasty scale I'd say around a 6, which is a tolerable nastiness."

Apparently, the taste is not the only concern. After drinking it, here is what you get to experience:

"In my opinion, the next couple of days were worse than the barium swallow. You're ingesting that stuff, and it does have to come out the other end. You may have thick sticky whitish bowel movements and some slowdown of your bowels."

No comments:

Post a Comment